Not once, but twice! I am beyond grateful!! :)
Two weeks ago I received two nominations from two wonderful Sarah’s of the blogging world. Yes, that’s a lot of twos!
Thank you so much Sarah of Salted Adventures and Sarah of Global Gal for giving my blog the opportunity to be part of the ‘Liebster Award’ circle. Though, in this post, I will only answer to Sarah (Salted Adventures)’s questions so Sarah (Global Gal) can nominate another blogger. I know, I know it’s confusing but they are two different people really.
Sarah Ashley‘s blog is about travel, Christian lifestyle and being the salt of the earth. I strongly support this one because as travelers, we have greater reach in spreading love and kindness to people whose culture and beliefs are different than our own. I love her series called Salted Stories where she features women on a mission who passionately uses what they have to make a difference and spread the Word of God.
Sarah Attaway is an American expat in Hanoi, Vietnam. She teaches English while traveling around Southeast Asia. She blogs about travel, destinations guides and life as an expat. She recently visited my home country, Philippines, and I missed home just by looking at her vacation photos.
Check out their blogs!!
(On a side note, my best friend’s name is Sarah too! Ha! I love Sarah’s! :D)
What is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award exists on the internet as a way for bloggers to award other new bloggers and foster connections throughout the blogging community! Liebster, in German, means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
There are a few rules for accepting the award so that the love goes round and round…
1) Accept the nomination and answer the questions given to you
2) Thank the person who nominated you and share his/her blog
3) Nominate up to 11 new blogs (or blogger)
4) Ask 11 new questions to the people you nominated
5) The cycle continues…
The nomination doesn’t come with a prize but I do believe that it’s still a great way to establish a relationship and connect with other like-minded bloggers. It also lets your readers know more about you by answering the questions given to you.
More than the increase in followers and “likes”, let’s not forget the “social” aspect in social media. :)
Here are my answers to questions Sarah asked me:
Richel Goes Places (http://richelvergara.com/)
Travel with Joy (https://joygeneroso.wordpress.com/)
Wander Soul (http://wander-soul.net/)
The Perpetual Tourists (https://theperpetualtourists.com/)
…will update the list soon.
My questions for the nominees (I am looking forward to knowing you better!)
1) What is your blog about and why did you start it?
2) Give five words to describe yourself.
3) If you could pick anywhere to live in the world where would it be and why?
4) What do you do for a living? What pays for your travels?
5) If money is not an issue, what is one thing you’re excited to do?
6) What blog/s do you enjoy reading? Why?
7) What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done while traveling?
8) Where do you get inspiration from when you’re not feeling creative?
9) Share a link to the blog post you most enjoyed writing.
10) Who is your favorite person in Instagram?
11) What do you struggle with as a blogger? How do you go about it?
Alright girls… now it’s your turn! Go spread the LOVE!
**If you’ve done a Liebster Award blog post in the past, share it with me in the comments below. I would love to know more about you through your answers.
**Looking to get nominated for Liebster Award? Let me know so I can give you a nomination.